Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ganguly looking forward to Sri Lanka series

Feeling fresh after a month-long rest, former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly is now looking forward to the three-Test series in Sri Lanka beginning July 23.

'The month-long rest has helped me to reinvigorate. I've resumed practice from Tuesday,' Ganguly told reporters here.

On his inclusion in the Test squad, he said: 'I was always there in the squad. So, there is no question of a comeback. I was only out of cricket for a month after the Indian Premier League (IPL).

'I hope to play well. Everyone who is selected will want to give his best. I hope it will be a good series,' Ganguly said.

The talismanic left-hander said it was too early to comment on India's prospects in Sri Lanka. 'The Lankans are a good side. We have to play well.'

Ganguly said he would not have any problem gelling with youngsters like Rohit Sharma and Pragyan Ojha.

Asked to comment on India's debacle in two consecutive One-Day International (ODI) finals, he said: 'I was not there in the squad. So, I would not like to comment.'

No comments: